WORKERS COMPENSATION PROCESS
Bottom Line is a leader in workers’ compensation for Retailers, Wholesalers, Restaurants, Hotels, Home Health & Residential Care facilities in New York State. Bottom Line maximizes your productivity and profits by helping to keep your number one asset, your employees, working and safe.
The Problem The costs associated with rehiring, refraining, loss of productivity, poor morale and claims can exceed your premium drastically.
Bottom Line’s Solution As the manager of seven Safety Groups underwritten by the New York Insurance Fund, Bottom Line has saved hundreds of our clients over $100 million in workers’ compensation since 2009.
What are Safety Groups?
Safety Groups provide a high quality, low cost, fully insured workers’ compensation insurance solution to businesses with a proven track record of safety in the workplace
Our safety groups significantly reduce the cost of workers’ compensation for safety conscious members. Our fully insured safety groups work by pooling members’ annual premiums, and after deducting the costs of claims and administrative charges, the profits are returned to members in the form of a dividend. Only Safety-Conscious employers with a proven track record of safety are invited to join our Safety Groups.
BENEFITS OF WORKING WITH BOTTOM LINE:
• Savings through group advance discounts and dividends
• Claims Solution services that reduce claims and costs
• Comprehensive administration and audit services
• On-site safety engineering
WORK OPPORTUNITY TAX CREDIT
MAXIMIZE YOUR COMPANY’S TAX CREDIT POTENTIAL:
Every year companies miss out on millions of dollars in tax credits for something they do every day – hiring new employees. The Work Opportunity Tax Credit (“WOTC”) is a Federal tax incentive program to encourage employers to hire and retain employees from specific target groups such as:
• Qualified Youth
• Social Assistance Recipients
Although these tax credits range in value depending on the category of employee and length of employment, your company can receive a tax credit of up to $9,600 per new hire. The average credit for the hospitality industry can be as high as $2,000 per employee. Also, many states have companion credits that match or mimic WOTC. The New York Urban Youth Hiring Program can add up to $5,000, over two years, in additional tax credits. Some of the state and local credits are also REFUNDABLE when the entity does not have taxable income.
HOW THE PROGRAM WORKS:
The WOTC program requires the completion of several forms by the employee at the time they are hired. These forms need to be received by the correct state agency within 28 days of the employee start date. Our tax credit experts will work with your company to streamline the documentation process in order to minimize your work, and maximize the credits. We offer flexible options for you to process the necessary documentation in a timely manner, in order to receive approval of your credits. Many state agencies have a back-log of forms to process. Our team will keep your data and information organized, resolve any documentation discrepancies, and follow-up with the government on a regular basis to ensure your credits are approved in a timely manner.
WHO CAN BENEFIT:
Although any company that hires new employees can potentially benefit from the program, there are certain industry such as hospitality, retail and security which see significant benefits. Factors that drive higher returns for these industries include high- turnover rates, urban dwelling employee base, a younger workforce, and unique hiring requirements such as hiring military veterans.
Waste Removal Process:
Bottom Line will conduct an in-depth analysis of all waste removal costs and services at all locations. The goal is to identify any inefficiencies in services and to determine whether or not a Client is over paying for waste removal services. It typically takes anywhere from 60 to 90 days to complete the analysis but if there are a lot of locations or multiple waste removal vendors it can sometimes take longer.
Bottom Line will begin with a review of all current waste removal services to determine if the current services are sufficient or not. We will determine whether or not additional services need to be added or any services need to be eliminated.
In addition to a complete analysis of all waste removal services Bottom Line will do a market analysis to determine whether or not the pricing for waste removal services is competitive or not. After analyzing pricing, Bottom Line will determine what cost savings opportunities exist and will then engage waste removal vendors to negotiate more competitive pricing.
The objectives for the project are to make sure that a Client has the appropriate waste removal services at each location, to make sure that a Client is not overpaying for waste removal services, streamline waste removal contracts as much as possible and put a Client in a much better position to manage waste removal services more easily.
HOW BOTTOM LINE CONCEPTS ACHIEVES UTILITY SAVINGS
Bottom Line Concepts (BLC) is able to save utility costs in both markets, which are Regulated (state owned/run utility) and De-Regulated (open market).
In each market BLC can analyze all the costs associated with a utility bill not just the KWH cost.
BLC also looks at the other ancillary charges such as:
• Transmission fees
• Delivery fees
• KW capacity charges
• System benefit costs ..etc
BLC has and does work with and compliment the existing power management companies a client may have such as:
• Engine Insight (Ecova)
• Reliable Power…etc
BLC reviews the bills monthly to ensure the savings are realized, which sets BLC apart from other competitors who only review yearly.
By reviewing each bill monthly it allows BLC to catch additional savings when they present themselves not on a quarterly or yearly basis.
All that is needed is the latest one months bill for Electric, Water and Gas, and BLC can then turn an analysis around in 2 weeks with implementation and savings being seen on the next bill cycle.
BLC has obtained over $100,000,000 in utility savings for our clients.
UNEMPLOYMENT TAX PROCESS
The following Unemployment Tax Planning Services and Tax Savings Techniques are State Approved and in compliance with State & Federal laws. Every technique, recommended or revealed includes the preparation and filing of applications for all 50 state agencies on the Clients behalf. It also includes follow up to completion until the reduced tax rate has been issued and the tax savings or refunds have been secured.
I.RESTRUCTURE PLANNING & ANALYSIS
• Review and provide analysis for every current or past restructure, acquisition, joint venture, reorganization of employees, expansion, retraction, consolidation or legal entity structure change (up to 3 years prior) for Unemployment Tax Rate reduction or refund opportunities Analyze all Transfer of Experience and Reserve Balance tax savings options .
• Provide alternative options during current or planned future restructures for maximum tax savings impact, or potential avoidable or inevitable costs associated with each transaction
• Analyze timing of transaction: (1) review tax cost implications for 12/31 vs 1/1 reorganizations (2) ensure taxable wage bases and UI taxes paid under the predecessor are recognized and credited during mid-year reorganization; (3) make recommendations for optimum timing for greatest UI tax savings impact or cost avoidance • Review closed or dormant UI tax accounts for potential available UI tax reserves
• Review the impact of Common Paymaster, Common Pay Agent, Employee Leasing or PEO type structures
• (If Desired) Contact the acquired or predecessor company to retrieve all necessary UI tax documents to review impact to client • Provide reorganization materials to include in corporate M&A due diligence initiatives
II.REGISTRATIONS, ACCOUNT CLOSURES AND NAME CHANGES
• Prepare and file all Unemployment registration applications including but not limited to: New Business Registration, Total Transfer Applications, Partial transfer applications, Account Closures, Wage Continuation forms, Refund Request Forms, • Prepare and file State Withholding applications (at Clients request and at discretion of BLC) • Provide Questionnaire and engage in discussions with the Client to ensure all aspects of the applications are complete to ascertain proper headcounts, predecessor information (if applicable) and all data necessary to complete the forms
• Review options available for UI tax transfers of experience • Reactivated dormant UI Tax Accounts when beneficial (if available) and previous employment occurred (Utilize positive experience erroneously left behind)
• File UI Tax Account Closure forms to avoid penalties and excess filings) • File Name Change letters with Articles of Amendment in every state applicable